When we talk about The Luna Cinema we mean The Luna Cinema Group Limited, registered number 07920620, of Unit 1 Waterview Business Park, Off Castle Road, Sittingbourne, Kent, England, ME10 3SQ (“us”, “we”, “our”). The Luna Cinema owns and operates the www.thelunacinema.com website and works closely with our ticketing partner, who has been appointed as one of our data processors when you make a booking for one of our events. When you interact with us through our websites (or otherwise, including purchasing tickets directly at our events) you may provide to us, or we may collect, certain information from which you are personally identifiable (which is referred to as personal data).
For the purposes of the data protection laws, we are the “data controller”, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how your personal data is used and more importantly, for keeping your data safe and only using it for legitimate purposes.
What this policy explains
• What data we collect about you
• Why we use your data and our legal grounds for doing so
• Who we share your data with
• Whether we send your data outside of the EEA or not
• The Luna Cinema marketing communications and how to opt-out
• When and why you might see adverts for The Luna Cinema online
• How we keep your data safe
• Third party websites
• How long we store your data
• Your rights and how to exercise them
• Changes to our policy
• How to contact us
What data do collect we about you?
We have set out below the different types of personal data that you provide directly to us, or which we collect from you when we interact. We also wanted to let you know why we use this data and the different legal grounds which allow us to do so. You don’t have to give us any of this data but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy tickets and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
You may provide us with the following types of personal data when you directly interact with us (through our websites, in person at our events or otherwise):
- Contact - first name, surname, gender, DOB, account log-in information, country of residence, email address, telephone numbers and address
- Profile – your preferences for marketing, other website preferences, your contact history and feedback on your The Luna Cinema experiences through reviews surveys
We may also collect the following types of personal data from you when you use our websites (using Cookies or other tracking technologies):
- Technical – browser type, device information, IP address, hardware type, network and software identifiers, operating system and system configuration
- Usage – information about how you use our websites, including time spent on page, click-throughs, download errors, browsing patterns
Why do we use your data and what are our legal grounds?
The table below sets out how we use your personal data and our lawful basis for doing so. In addition to these purposes, please note that we also anonymise and aggregate personal data (so that it does not personally identify you) and use it for testing our internal systems, carrying out research and general customer data analysis. Because this is not personally identifiable, we can use this for any purposes.